Analytics

Monday, February 18, 2013

Rrrrrrrroll out of winter!

It's here! It's here! My favorite part of Canadian Winter! It's time for Tim Hortons Roll Up The Rim to Win!

For those not familiar, Tim Hortons is a chain of coffee shops across Canada (and now some US states) and every February they hold a contest. You roll up the lip of your coffee cup to find out if you won a prize. The grand prizes are usually cars and BBQs, they have some other prizes like gift cards, but they also give away lots of food items and coffees too. Most times you see the all-to-familiar words "please play again", but I have in my time won lots of coffees and donuts. I think one year I had a 9 day streak of winning a coffee.

My love of this contest isn't actually about the possibility of winning a prize. Because I don't actually know anyone who has won more than a food item. What I love about this is a timing of it all.

The contest starts at the end of February and runs (I think) 6 weeks. And at the end of 6 weeks from now SPRING is usually starting to make its way in! Yes folks, to me, Roll up the rim to win symbolizes the end of winter!

So for the next six weeks, instead of talking about how damn cold we are we can now talk about how many coffees we have or haven't won.

I know this sounds silly but it gets me excited. I will fully admit I do up my coffee intake during th is contest. (I realize that is exactly what Tim Hortons wants me to do...) but it's ok. I'm drinking a decaf right now ;)

Good luck to all my caffeine addicted friends. Good luck fellow Canadians, and congratulations to everyone for surviving another Canadian winter!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment