Analytics

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The warmest hobo

Its the time of year again where the hours of day light is shorter, the temperatures are lower, and my pride in my appearance plummets to uncomfortable lows.

9 months out of the year I really love fashion. I dedicate a lot of time to trying to make he latest trends work for my body and pulling together go-to outfits that make me look pulled together. It's fun and I really enjoy the process of finding new clothes and dressing myself. And when I have an outfit that is just right, my hair, makeup, and accessories get just a little more love to help polish off the look.

Spring is so freeing. The super cute shoes all come out of the closet, the lighter fabrics make their appearance. The skirts! The dresses! I'm like a flower waiting to bloom!

Summer comes and brings with it so many new fashion possibilities. Summer is all about colour and I can't help but smile when I look at all the fun things I wore this summer. Bright green jeans with a hot pink blazer! Neon blue fit an flare dress covered in red cherries!

Then it's time for fall. Fall fashion is m absolute favorite. Leggings, cardigans, boots, light easy layers. Fall provides hands down the most flattering fashions for me. Some days are just warm enough to pull off a summer dress if you pair it with leggings and a cardigan. I get the most mileage out of my clothes in September and October.

But then winter comes. Suddenly the leggings aren't warm enough and you have to consider pants. The little cardigan just won't keep me warm either so I have to switch to a heavier sweater. As the days get shorter, the morning sunlight disappears and I'm getting ready for work while it is still dark outside. When you wake up in the cold and dark it gets increasingly difficult to care. One day you decide to wear a pair of jeans. Then a few days later it is jeans and a hoody. Getting deeper into winter you care less about looking good and more about just staying warm and being cozy. Wearing heavier layers you don't notice that you have gained a couple pounds. Your skin gets dry from the harsh temperatures and windy days; maybe you try a new product to moisturizer but hat just gives you super oily skin and you break out.

One day around mid March I will start thing about all the spring fashions I am starting to see in magazines. And I will look in the mirror and wonder what the fuck happened to me. Somehow over the winter I have started to look like a hobo.

Maybe with this insight I can prevent this cycle this year. I'm headed to Whitehorse for work trip in a few weeks. I'm struggling to find outfits that are business appropriate but will keep me super warm during times I have to go outside. (Mostly to and from vehicles.) Really thought, I just want to wear track pants an a wool sweater from December through February.

No comments:

Post a Comment